Pages

08 April 2009

You're Invited . . .

I just had a fabulous idea while I was in the shower. Well, I don't know how it will turn out, but it seems fabulous right now.

In 29 days, I turn 30. This afternoon, through some sorta related but mostly unrelated thoughts, I started thinking about what that means to me, what my twenties and my teens and all the years before now meant, and how I feel and think about it all. As I thought, I realized that what I'd really like to do is be interviewed about all of this (I think that's the lazy girl's way out--if it's an interview, I don't really have to organize it all!).

Now, I don't have anyone to interview me, and part of the fun is not only answering the questions, but asking them and recording them and all that. I thought about thinking up the questions I want to answer and interviewing myself, but that's not nearly as much fun as a community project. Besides, so many of the people who I'd love to celebrate with are people who I only or mainly know online (that's y'all). So, I'm issuing an official invitation for you to come to my Online Interview Birthday Party (you're invited even if you know me in offline life, too!).

To celebrate with me, all you have to do is ask a question. I'm up for almost any questions, whether they're helpful-in-reflecting-on-30-questions, silly questions, dumb questions, funny questions, sad questions, any questions at all that you'd like me to answer, just leave them in the comments.

Sometime around the first of May, I'll sit down with all the questions and figure out how I want to answer them (writing? video podcast? audio podcast?). Somewhere around my birthday, I'll post the answers here, in whatever form they take.

I don't promise to answer every single question, but I will do my best to get to all of them. Inappropriate questions will not only not get answered, they'll be deleted from my comment list (Do I even need to say that here?). I'll probably add some questions of my own, and if nobody plays along, I'll come up with the whole list.

What do you think? Fabulous, right?

13 comments:

christianne said...

That is such a great idea!! Better yet, it's as you said: it's fabulous.

How fun. And how totally different than anything I've ever seen for someone's birthday. You may just start a new trend with this one!

Hmmm ... so you want us to post our questions here, right? I'm going to have to go away and think about this first. But I'll be back with my questions(s), for sure!!

kirsten said...

i'm going to have to think about some good questions too, but i'm all for participating!!

ooh, just thought of one:
if you could speak to your 20-year-old self, what wisdom or advice might you impart based on what you've learned and know now?

i'm going to think of some more good ones, don't you worry your pretty little head, you almost-30-year-old!!

Sarah said...

Yup...put those questions right here, whenever you think them up. I'm so glad you like the idea...maybe I should post more of the stuff that comes to me in the shower. Then again...maybe not ;)

And thanks, Kirsten...that's a good one!

L.L. Barkat said...

Question...

when did you learn to appreciate the power of questions? (Have you always? Do you always?)

I know. That's a hard one (two?). But it's what came.

Alternately, you could tell me what food you hated as a child that you now love, and what happened to win you over. :) Or, what color hair you fantasized having when you grew up (or were you always satisfied as a child?) Or if you wear nail polish or not (and why or why not). Or your favorite place ever. Or the verse in the bible you hate the most (which is always far more interesting than the ones we love!)

Okay, that'll do you. :)

terri said...

ooooh...fun!

ok, my question is: can you tell the story of the first time you recognized or suspected God's activity in your life?

sojourner said...

Tell us about the most difficult thing you have ever had to do and how you managed to make it through.

Anonymous said...

Ah ha Sarah I like this post.

1. Name 3 words that best describe you.
2. If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only have 3 items what would they be?
3. what animal is closest to your personality?
4. If you could live anywhere on earth where would that be and why?
5. What is the wildest, bizarre, or life threatening thing you have ever done?

I guess I better call it quits

Joelle said...

Sarah, dear, I haven't asked yet because I've wanted to pose the perfect questions, and not too many of them. But the few profound ones are eluding me, so here's what's on my mind:

Tell me more about how you met and fell in love with your hubby (those dates in Costco have piqued my interest!).

How did you decide to study spiritual direction?

As a wee lass, what did you want to be when you grew up? Now, what do you want to be when you grow up?

What's your favorite book(s)?

Happy days-preceding-birthday!!!! Enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

Q: What is the difference between integrating the young parts of your soul and indulging them? How well (or poorly) do you think you are accomplishing that integration as opposed to indulgence?

Anonymous said...

To be or not to be. That is the question. How am I doing at stating the obvious?

Tammy said...

Hey Sarah you are going to be my guinea pig. I have started a new blog today and I put up my first post. So, I am testing it to see what pops up here.

Tammy said...

Oh, hey Sarah
It is me Tammy

christianne said...

Hello, my friend. I have been meaning to come back here and post questions. It looks like you've gathered a great group of questions here already! I love that question Kirsten posed, too. :)

So, here are some questions from me:

1. Tell us more about the name of your blog.

2. What is it about the sci-fi/fantasy genre that you love?

3. What book(s) have you always wanted to write, and why?

4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

5. What is your earliest memory?

Some of these you may have shared before, but I have an increasingly terrible memory with each passing day. This is one of the occupational hazards of being human and turning the age of 30, so be warned. :)

PS: My word verification is "scran," which makes me think of "Scranton," which makes me think of Dunder Mifflin, which makes me think of Michael Scott. Of course!