Labor Day we spent in the sun, soaking it and each other in. We walked by the sea, and by homes so large we realized we wouldn't even want them, and we were thankful for our small lives, for normal and daily and little and good.
I'm also thankful for these:
- the amazing little personality emerging in the baby
- how he always thinks I can do it, even when I'm ready to walk away
- how she sleeps on her tummy now, knees curled under like she's about to crawl away (and sometimes she does, across her crib and in her sleep)
- the clouds that didn't burn off today
- the joys of "hot" in the fall: hot tea, hot coffee, hot soup
- that we're finally all sleeping through the night
- finding new "favorite places" even after I've lived here more than 10 years
- anticipating a move to "I know not where"
- new connections and meanings for my daughter's name (Mirren = Mary)
- Thai yellow curry with potatoes
- little turtle faces poking out
- my soft pillow every night